Important Dates:

Twin Lakes Association Spring Meeting
Saturday, June 22 at 10am
Salisbury Town Hall

Annual Meeting @ Isola Bella
Saturday, August 3 at (TBD)

Twin Lakes Day @ Isola Bella
Saturday, August 3 at (TBD)

On The 1853 Map of Salisbury….

… there are only a few farms and one Smith Shop even near the shores of the lakes.  Most of the residences are grouped around Mr. Landon’s Iron Furnace in Chapinville (now Taconic.). Pictures of the furnace and Mr. Landon’s home are featured around the edge of the old map.

Less than 50 Years Later… 
The Connecticut Western RR, later the Central New England Railroad, started operation in 1871, providing access from New York through Poughkeepsie and Millerton, also Bridgeport to Canaan.  The Salisbury map of 1899 shows houses all around the lakes and on the island.